[1.7.10] [1.8] Dynamic Lights Mod Installer!
– boosted efficiency A LOT, I’m positive it cannot be done any better now :3
– Dynamic Lights is now modular! See readme!
– configuration files for Dynamic Light modules can now be found at /config/
– global toggle Button can now be configured via Controls Menu
For those of you that don’t know what FML Coremod means…
DRAG AND DROP INSTALL, YE GODS
This modification makes ‘shining’ items (default: Torch, Glowstone, Glowdust, Lit Pumpkin, Redstone, Lava Bucket, powered Minecart) illuminate everything around them if
- the player has them equipped (in hand/armor)
- they are dropped on the ground
- another player has them equipped in Multiplayer
On top of that, burning Entities shine light, and Creepers about to explode light up!
You may add any Item ID you wish as shiny item, via the settings file. Also supports armor items!
Toggle button ingame:
The key is “L”. You can turn all dynamic Lights on/off with it. The button can be rebound using the ingame options.
There is no limit to the number of lights you can create, note however they are fairly FPS-costly. You can disable modules to obtain better FPS!
I recommend using Optifine for replacing Notch’s funky render code with slightly less funky rendering code.
The mod works in Multiplayer, yet is clientside, it cannot lag servers. Note however ‘dropped’ light sources will not necessarily prevent Mobs from Spawning, and neither will your handheld light.
Note: DO NOT INSTALL THE COREMOD ON SERVERS! It will crash on load.
Dynamic Lights is modular! You may delete any module if you feel your performance is suffering too much.
BurningEntitiesLightSource -> Living Entities that burst into flames! Multithreaded! *expensive*
ChargingCreeperLightSource -> Creepers about to explode light up! *cheap*
DroppedItemsLightSource -> Dropped Items in the world. Also when they’re on fire. Multithreaded! *expensive*
EntityClassLightSource -> Living Entities of a specific class! Multithreaded! *extremely expensive*
EntityLivingEquipmentLightSource -> Entities carrying specific Items! Multithreaded! *expensive*
FlameEnchantedArrowLightSource -> Enchanted Flame Arrows *cheap*
PlayerOthersLightSource -> Handheld Items and Armor on others. Also when they’re on fire. Multithreaded! *fairly cheap*
PlayerSelfLightSource -> Handheld Items and Armor on yourself. Also when you’re on fire. *cheap*
To remove modules you dont want or cant afford (your machine is an asthmatic train wreck, or a Mac),
simply remove (delete) them from the mod .jar /atomicstryker/dynamiclights/client/modules folder.
Yes, the mod will continue to work. If you delete all modules, the mod won’t do anything.
Installer Download links
We have a custom auto installer program that automatically installs the mods you want to either your vanilla minecraft or one of our mod packs with the same minecraft version!
1. Hit download
2. Find download and hit run
3. Select which directory you wish to install it to
4. Hit Install after your selection
5. Run corresponding Mod Pack you installed to or vanilla minecraft!
6. If using vanilla Minecraft launcher make sure to have the latest version of forge! DOWNLOAD
7. Load your minecraft launcher and select edit profile
8. Select the drop down tab use version and find the forge version you installed
9. Hit save profile and have fun.