[1.7.10] Forbidden Magic Mod Installer!
This is a small Thaumcraft 4 addon I’ve been working on to add a little “darkness” to Thaumcraft.
Some of the current features include:
- Five new wand cores, three of which add cross-mod interactions
- Creative-only wand with infinite vis, for testing or shenanigans
- New tools
- New enchantments
- A new craftable spawner that actually works without players nearby
- Magical scribing tools to help with research
- New flowers to help your thaumaturgy when Botania is installed
- A new Blood Magic ritual to protect you from Warp
- A new blood orb for blood mages who like to delve into the unspeakable
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: This mod is stopping me from researching Ichor! ಠ_ಠ
A: That’s not even a question! And, no, the mod isn’t. Forbidden Magic is programmed to load after Thaumic Tinkerer does. The research for FM doesn’t even exist during the time TT is scraping the Thaumonomicon to figure out Ichor prereqs. Forbidden Magic research is not, and never has been, a prerequisite for Ichor research. If you’re having problems, it’s not FM’s fault. Take it up with the other mods in your pack or with the TT authors.
Q: What other mods does Forbidden Magic interact with?
A: The following are all the mod interactions:
– Thaumcraft: Kind of required.
– Thaumic Tinkerer: Certain enchants can be used in the Osmotic Enchanter after being researched
– Blood Magic: There are a few Blood Magic toys that will run off of LP as well as a new ritual. FM also adds TC aspects to most BM items.
– Botania: There’s wands for converting Botania mana into vis as well as a few new flowers.
– Natura: A few of the sin aspects are added to Natura items.
– Twilight Forest, Witchery: A few mobs have sin aspects added.
– Special Mobs: Special mobs can be spawned in the Wrath Cage
– Equivalent Exchange 3: Adds EMC values for various Thaumcraft items
Q: Have you thought of Witchery integration?
A: Yes, I have. I love Witchery. It’s one of my favorite mods. Witchery Integration has definitely been a thing I’ve thought about. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn’t, it doesn’t.
Q: What’s the deal with the Eldritch Wand?!
A: The Eldritch Wand offers cross-mod compatibility when Player Beacons is installed. When Player Beacons isn’t installed, the wand isn’t available. If you see a FM wand in NEI and can’t figure out how to get it, there’s a good chance it’s probably a conversion wand for a mod you don’t have.
Unless you’re playing FM for 1.7. Then it’s just disabled for the time being.
Q: Is there world gen?
A: At the moment, no, there is no world gen in this mod. Feel free to drop it in an already existing world.
Installer Download links
We have a custom auto installer program that automatically installs the mods you want to either your vanilla minecraft or one of our mod packs with the same minecraft version!
1. Hit download
2. Find download and hit run
3. Select which directory you wish to install it to
4. Hit Install after your selection
5. Run corresponding Mod Pack you installed to or vanilla minecraft!
6. If using vanilla Minecraft launcher make sure to have the latest version of forge! DOWNLOAD
7. Load your minecraft launcher and select edit profile
8. Select the drop down tab use version and find the forge version you installed
9. Hit save profile and have fun.