[1.7.10] The Lord of the Rings Mod Installer
About the Mod
The Lord of the Rings Mod is a huge expansion planned for Minecraft that will aim to add the world of Middle-earth into the game. This will include content from J.R.R.Tolkien’s most famous work, the Lord of the Rings, and from other related tales such as the Hobbit and the Silmarillion.
The mod has been in development since December 2012. A new updated beta version is usually published at the start of every month. If you are interested in following the progress of the mod or would like to make suggestions, go to ourFacebook page.
The main features in the mod so far are:
- A new Middle-earth dimension
- Over 100 new biomes, sub-biomes and biome variants, each with their own unique structures and resources
- Biomes are generated in accordance with Tolkien’s map of Middle-earth
- The mysterious, unexplored lands of Rhûn and Harad
- The ancient Pits of Utumno, a terrifying dungeon dimension full of Morgoth’s evil creatures
- Hundreds of new blocks, ores, tools, foods and items
- People and races from the Lord of the Rings universe
- An alignment system where your actions can improve or harm your reputation with many independent factions
- New gameplay elements dependent on the player’s alignment: trading, unit hiring, and an expanded achievement system
- Randomly generated Mini-Quests, and the Red Book
- Seamless multiplayer integration in all areas of the mod
And some of the main planned features still to come in future updates:
- Even more blocks, items, and races from Middle-earth
- Larger, pre-written quests, ranging from minor ‘side quests’ to epic adventures
- Characters and structures from the Lord of the Rings storyline
- Boss battles
- Other realms… Valinor?
Installer Download links
We have a custom auto installer program that automatically installs the mods you want to either your vanilla minecraft or one of our mod packs with the same minecraft version!
1. Hit download
2. Find download and hit run
3. Select which directory you wish to install it to
4. Hit Install after your selection
5. Run corresponding Mod Pack you installed to or vanilla minecraft!
6. If using vanilla Minecraft launcher make sure to have the latest version of forge! DOWNLOAD
7. Load your minecraft launcher and select edit profile
8. Select the drop down tab use version and find the forge version you installed
9. Hit save profile and have fun.