[1.8.0] Realistic Torches Mod Installer!
Realistic Torches is a lightweight mod designed for modpack makers looking to add difficulty to the early game. The primary feature of this mod causes torches to burn out after a configurable amount of time, encouraging players to move toward more permanent light sources early on.
- Torches are now unlit when crafting, and must be lit using a matchbox in a crafting grid or flint and steel (not in the rain, though!) after being placed. As a result, the matchbox must be acquired before players can explore caves safely, prevent hostiles from spawning, etc.
- Torches will burn out after a specified amount of time (60 minutes real time by default, can be changed in the config) and become unlit. This encourages players to seek more permanent light sources early on, such as lava or glowstone.
- Certain items and blocks (torches, glowstone dust and blocks, lava buckets, etc.) will emit light when held. This feature is disabled by default due to possible performance issues but can be enabled in the config.
- Torch recipes added by other mods will be removed to ensure that the matchbox or flint and steel must be acquired to craft lit torches (can be disabled in the config).
Installer Download links
We have a custom auto installer program that automatically installs the mods you want to either your vanilla minecraft or one of our mod packs with the same minecraft version!
1. Hit download
2. Find download and hit run
3. Select which directory you wish to install it to
4. Hit Install after your selection
5. Run corresponding Mod Pack you installed to or vanilla minecraft!
6. If using vanilla Minecraft launcher make sure to have the latest version of forge! DOWNLOAD
7. Load your minecraft launcher and select edit profile
8. Select the drop down tab use version and find the forge version you installed
9. Hit save profile and hit play!